Recognising that relatively little is known about the nature of East-West LGB migrations in Europe, this project addresses the following questions:
- What are the reasons for LGB people from Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union to migrate to Scotland?
- To what extent are decisions to migrate and migration trajectories influenced by migrants’ sexuality?
- How are individual experiences of migration and resettlement shaped by migrants’ socio-economic background (for example gender, social class, migrant status, nationality)?
- How do LGB migrants negotiate their sense of security and belonging through their social networks across Scotland and their home country?
- How do sexuality and ethnicity inform migrants’ negotiations of their social networks?